Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Farewell USA!

The time leading up to my flight was a bit of a whirlwind in getting prepared for my two month stay in Argentina since I had such a short time frame to prepare. So I didn't really have much time to plan or mentally prepare for the fact that I was going to be away from home for the longest I've ever been. My last meal was my beloved Chick Fil A and it was every bit of glorious as it usually is ☺


I took uber to the airport and had a really nice driver who was has a military background and so has been all over the world. I told him I was going to Argentina and he gave me a lot of advice for my time there and for my possible travels to Brazil. I actually really enjoy taking taxi's and uber's to and from the airport, I almost always meet some of the coolest people with such amazing life stories.

Soooo I have to talk about my first plane trip via business class. It was really great and I will probably never be able to view coach/economy the same way again. I was really trying to keep my cool and not act like a little kid in a candy shop :) My flight was non stop from Dallas/Fort Worth to Buenos Aires. It was a red eye flight, we left around 7pm central standard time and arrived in Buenos Aires around 7am, which was 2 hours ahead of central standard time. The flight was about 10 - 11 hours.  As soon as I sat in my seat there was a flight attendant that came around to ask if we wanted orange juice, champagne, or water/soda. Both the orange juice and champagne sounded good, so I asked for a mimosa. It was pretty delicious. 





As the plane got ready for take off, I checked out some of the gadgets in my seat. They had Bose headphones for us to use during the trip. They also had a bag that included some essentials such as toothpaste, mouth wash, ear plugs, socks, tissues, etc. 



A lady came by and introduced herself. She was going to be the flight attendant for my section. I told her it was my first time flying business class and so she said she would look out for me. She asked what I wanted for dinner and to my surprise she pointed out there was a whole menu to choose from. I ordered the "Surf and Turf". 

Flight Menu

Flight Menu (notice there are many drink options 😉) 

If you ever go on an international business class flight, just make sure you come hungry. They feed you so much food! They first gave us hot towels to wipe our hands off with. Then they brought out an assortment of warm toasted almonds, pistachios, pecans, cashews, and peanuts that were so good. 



Then they brought out the dinner. To be completely honest, I've never been a big fan of plane food. I've been told I'm a food snob and I fully accept that. I took a bite of all of the things on my plate and just couldn't eat it. The food did not have much flavor and tasted very processed and seemed like it had been sitting in the refrigerator for a long time. The salad was good, but it looked like it had been sitting in the dressing too long and so was wilted. To be fair though, my neighbors seemed to really enjoy their food. Like I said earlier, I've never been a big fan of plane food on any of the international flights I've been on, so I'm sure it's just my taste buds and my food snobbishness ☺ They brought us hot bread rolls. I asked for two and was really satisfied with those. I love just about any bread.



The flight attendant realized I didn't really touch much of my food. She felt bad and asked if I wanted two desserts. I of course said yes and she brought me an ice cream sundae and a chocolate mousse cake. I really enjoyed those ☺



After dinner I decided to go to sleep. I purposely only had a little sleep the night before so that I would be really tired on the flight. What's interesting is I normally don't have much problem sleeping on a plane. I normally sleep for majority of the flight, even when I sat in coach seats on other international flights I've done before. For some reason on this flight I was not able to sleep well. I slept a few hours, but I was restless for the most part. The seats reclined all the way back. I had a pillow and a soft blanket. There was so much room to be comfortable, but I was not able to sleep well. Around 5:30ish in the morning, the flight attendant woke me up for breakfast. I did eat quite a bit of the breakfast (even though it still wasn't that great to me), but I think I was just hungry at that time and wanted something of substance. I was a served a quiche, fruit, chicken sausage, and a biscuit. 


After we finished breakfast the flight was close to landing and we landed safely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment